Snowflake Block: A No-Tear Paper Piecing Method - With Kate Quinn Friday
Learn the ins and outs of No-Tear Paper Piecing. This method includes a normal seam allowance, patterns can be reused, and you can control your seam directions to lessen bulky seams. We will also teach some quick construction method. In addition, this method allows for right side block creation. There is not need to reverse your pattern. All the best parts of paper piecing and none of the hassle!
Class located at the Coburg Community Charter School in Historic Coburg, Oregon!
Three Hour Class
Students will need to bring the following supplies:
- Sewing Machine in good working order**
- Piecing thread and 2 bobbins
- 80/12 Universal needles for piecing
- Add A Quarter Paper Piecing Ruler (12" preferred over smaller rulers)
- 2-3 Fat Quarters (1 - background, 1 - bright or bold, & 1- optional accent.) (This will make 1 block but if you want to make a full quilt please plan ahead)
- Glass Head Pins
- Rotary Cutter and Portable Cutting Mat
- 24" Rotary Ruler and a smaller square ruler not less than 5.5"
- Post card or other firm piece of card stock
- Scissors or snips
**Note: A select number machines are available to borrow. Please email email@example.com with you order confirmation number to request a borrowed machine.
*NOTE: If student is also registered for Design Your Own Quilt Block with the Westalee 8 Point Crosshair Square with Kate Quinn, a $5.00 credit will be received direct from Educator upon arrival to class.