Beginning Rulerwork: The Sunflower Block - With Kate Quinn - Saturday
This class offers an introduction to Rulerwork using the Westalee Design products. Techniques include, straight stitching, curves cross-hatching, and using a rotational template. No ruler experience required but some free motion skills would be helpful.
Class located at the Coburg Community Charter School in Historic Coburg, Oregon!
Three Hour Class
Items below will be provided:
- Westalee Design Circles on Quilts Spinning Wheel #26
Students will need to bring the following supplies:
- Bring your own Machine with User Manual
- Extension Table.
- General Sewing Supplies
- Fat Quarter quilt sandwiches, one for practice and one for the project. Sandwiches should not have heavily pattered fabric please. Plain is best for this application. (Please do not baste. This will allow us to mark the sandwiches more easily.)
- Vanishing marker/Frixion Pen/Chalk Marker (depending on the fabric)
- 90/14 Quilting Needles Quilting Thread: Isacord, King Tut, So Fine or similar and matching bobbins thread that has a slight contrast to the fabric choices. Low contrast but not matching thread is recommended. You want to see the thread but minimize problem areas.
- Straight edge ruler for marking (a rotary ruler is fine)
Supplies Provided in Class (with option to buy during show):
- Westalee Ruler Foot Package
- Westalee Stable Tape Ruler Grips
- Westalee Spacing Gauge
- Westalee 8 1/2" 8 point Crosshair Square
*NOTE: If student is using a Bernina machine, and is choosing to use the class supplied Westalee Design Ruler Foot Starter package, student must also bring the Bernina #77 Short Adapter.
*Note: A select number machines are available to borrow. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with you order confirmation number to request a borrowed machine.